In support of NATIVE HEALTH’s vision to support Healthy People in Healthy Communities, UnitedHealthcare has established a paid internship opportunity for one American Indian/Alaska Native student who is interested in pursuing a career in public health and addressing social determinants of health. The internship is an opportunity for one student to learn about public health and specifically affordable housing resources. This program offers a paid opportunity to work in public health and is designed to attract, recruit, hire, develop and retain American Indian/Alaska Native students for public health careers. Application deadline is Friday, January 24, 2020.
The selected intern will earn a stipend of $2,500. The internship is open to Native American students who meet the following eligibility requirements:
- American Indian/Alaska Native student enrolled in a Federally Recognized Tribe
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be accepted or enrolled full-time and seeding a degree in an accredited college or university
- Have good academic standing (GPA of 2.5 or higher)
- Complete a background check Interested in pursuing a career in public health and addressing social determinants of health