1822 W Pierson St
Phoenix, AZ 85015
Starting Friday, November 4th, NATIVE HEALTHâ€™s Traditional Garden will have winter Open Garden Hours, every Friday, 8-10am*. We invite you garden with us! Participating gardeners will be able to take home any veggies and herbs available to harvest that day. Individuals, families, and children are all welcome.
Gardening is a great way to stay active, spend time outdoors, and relieve stress. It is also great for sensory learning and motor skills development for young children. Gardeners will have the opportunity to learn about the following through hands-on practice:
- Planting and caring for traditional Indigenous crops, non-native crops, herbs, and flowers
- Phoenix planting calendar, companion planting
- Indigenous agriculture methods
- Composting and promoting soil health
- Organic pest and disease management
- Identifying weeds vs beneficial wild plants
- Best practices for watering/water conservation, pruning, and harvesting
- Beneficial native pollinators and predatory insects
- And more!
NATIVE HEALTHâ€™s Traditional Garden is located at 1822 W. Pierson St, Phoenix, AZ 85015.
There is free covered parking at the 19th Ave/Camelback Rd. Park&Ride (1813 W Camelback Rd, Phoenix. The north entrance to the garden is directly accessible from the parking lot.
What to Bring
Closed-toe shoes are required. We also recommend bringing a hat and a water bottle.
There will be no Open Garden Hours on federal and company holidays. For more information, please email NATIVE HEALTHâ€™s Garden Coordinator Lilian at: email@example.com