Your Patient Centered Medical Home can:
- Help you manage your health care
- Help answer your health questions and listen to your concerns
- Work with other medical experts, if necessary
- Coordinate your care through additional services
- Encourage you to play an active part in your own health care
What can I expect as a patient?
- Care from a team of health care providers
- Care that gets you through an illness, gets you well and works to prevent future illnesses
- Care that respects your needs and personal values
- Care that includes you as a member of the your healthcare team, where you can talk about what you need and being in charge of your own care
- Care that is easy to schedule, appointments that work with your availability
- Care that is coordinated so you have all your items in one place
- Care that is integrated so that you can have access to all your physical and behavioral health needs
What can YOU do to help?
- Be an active team player. Talk with your team about your health questions. Share your past health care successes and challenges
- Tell your team about other health care professionals who care for you
- Take care of your health
- Talk openly with your team
- Follow the health care plan you and your team have talked about. Make sure you understand how to follow the plan. Set goals you can reach. Once you begin to see results, you and our team can discuss adding new goals.
- Tell your team if you are having trouble sticking with your care plan. Speak up if your care plan is not working. Tell your team what is not working so together you can make changes if needed.
What can YOU expect?
- At the Medical Home, you and your team will work together. As an active member of the team, you will have a chance to explain the things that are really important to you.
- Your team can answer questions and help you better understand your health care needs. If you need to get help from other doctors, your team can support you every step of the way.
- When you have concerns about your health, your medical home team will work with you to determine the best way to deal with them.
You and your team can work on:
- Care that is personalized or created just for you;
- Coordinating care with other health care providers
- Connecting you with your entire health care team
- Working with your team may improve the quality of your health care and shorten the time it takes to time it takes to get that care.
Click here: Your Medical:Dental Home Guide to download an Adobe PDF version of our Your Medical/Dental Home Guide.