Women, Infants and Children (WIC) helps keep pregnant, breastfeeding women, and children under age five healthy. Walk-ins available at all locations.

WIC stands for “Women, Infants and Children” and is a federally funded Special Supplemental Nutrition program. WIC helps keep pregnant, breastfeeding women, and their children under age five healthy. WIC is a nutrition program that provides nutrition education, health education, healthy food vouchers, breastfeeding support, referrals to health care providers and other community resources as well as other services free to Arizona families that qualify.

WIC is a for all types of Arizona families, single parents, married, employed, or unemployed. If you are a mother, father, grandparent, foster parent, or a legal guardian of a child under age five you may apply for WIC.

We operate four WIC clinics at the following locations, days, and times. Walk-ins available at all locations:

NHW Community Health Center
2423 West Dunlap Avenue, Suite 140
Mondays: 8:00 a.m.–5 p.m.*
Wednesdays: 7:00 a.m.–5 p.m.*
Fridays: 7:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.*
Call (602) 279-5351, ext. 3507 to make an appointment.

Tuesdays and Thursdays: 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.*
Call (602) 263-1558 to make an appointment.

16th Street
4212 North 16th Street (16th Street/Indian School Road)
First Monday of the month: 10 a.m.–7 p.m.*, other Mondays, 9 a.m.–6 p.m.*
Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.*
Fridays: 7:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.*
Call (602) 263-1558 to make an appointment.

9405 South Avenida del Yaqui – Guadalupe
Open most first and third Wednesdays of the month: 10 a.m.–3 p.m.*
Call (602) 263-1558 to make an appointment

*Times are subject to change.

Register for WIC

To register at any time as a client of NATIVE HEALTH WIC, please bring the following:

  • Proof of residency – a utility bill
  • Proof of income – a pay stub or a letter from AHCCCS or SNAP (Food Stamps)
  • Photo ID or Driver’s License
  • If registering a child, please bring an immunization record or birth certificate of the child
Nutrition Education

All qualified clients—based on income and nutritional risk—receive nutrition education, action plan to improve risk factors and food vouchers redeemable at local grocery stores.

Food Vouchers

Food Vouchers will differ depending on the nutritional need and stage of your baby’s life cycle. Vouchers can be redeemed at local grocery stores for milk, cheese, eggs, cereal, beans, peanut butter, fruit juice, etc. WIC does NOT replace lost or stolen vouchers.

Peer Counseling

The Breastfeeding Peer Counselor encourages, supports and guides pregnant and breastfeeding mothers. This opportunity is available to WIC clients at NATIVE HEALTH WIC sites, by telephone, at home, or in the hospital and will include breastfeeding classes, nutrition information, and more.

Benefits of WIC

Research shows WIC improves the following:

  • Immunization rates
  • Cognitive development
  • Nutritional status
  • Birth outcomes
  • Health care costs

Referrals to doctors, dentists, and programs like  cash assistance (TANF), food stamps (SNAP), and AHCCCS.

For More Information

Please direct any questions, concerns, and/or complaints regarding the WIC program to Serene Mazhar, NATIVE HEALTH’s WIC Supervisor at (602) 279-5262, ext. 3701 or email:

In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, and reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity. (Not all prohibited bases apply to all programs.) Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the responsible State or local Agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information is available in languages other than English.
To file a complaint alleging discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, AD-3027, found online at or at any USDA office or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410
fax: (202) 690-7442
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.